Wednesday, January 20, 2010

jello mold!


things that have happened to/around me involving students recently:

1. a student told me i looked stupid for trying too hard to help him pass my class (in a lot meaner words). first time i ever cried in front of a student while telling him what was up in the hallway.

2. first time i ever called security on a kid that smelled so much like weed it filled the whole classroom. seriously, i couldn't focus while writing on the board it was so stinky. THEN i later saw him dancing as one of the dancing liberty tax people on his suspension day.

3. had students rename me alize because sarah didn't suit me. last year it was roxy.

4. laughed so hard at a student trying to get me to remember someone i previously taught by saying, "you know! malcolm! with the baby voice! baby voice malcolm!" then another students said, "oh, malcolm with the square head?" i initially though, poor malcolm, but then i remembered who he was and didn't feel so bad.

5. today while yelling in a forceful voice for this giant glob of students to go away (there's a teacher who's m.i.a. and her kids are rough i promise i'm not a jerk) another student was trying to get my attention and couldn't so he full on bear hugged me and picked me off the ground. do you know how hard it is to yelling at someone when your feet aren't on the ground and you can't breathe?! hard!

so much wonderfulness and terribleness always mixed together. kind of reminds me of like a jello fruit mold fruit mixed in or something. or like this picture! i was madd stoked but making a weird face. what are you gonna do though, dude?

4 comments:

Templeton said...

and you have a totally rad photo of you ripping on your bike.

Kellette said...

I love the photo! And I love your stories! I hope dude in hallway is behaving, let me know if not.

Snoring Prevention Device said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

what are we going to do with these kids?